Automobile (or car) is a vehicle that working by a motor an engine and also, mainly developed for travel rather than transport goods to one place to another.But it’s seating capacity can’t be more than eight passengers (including the driver).
First of all, when we talking about automobiles, almost the other popular name for an automobile is the “Car”, it’s delivered from latin word “Carrus” or “Carum” and that means wheeled vehicle, finally after years that latin word transited into the “CAR”.
Use Of Automobiles And What’s Considered An Automobile?
An automobile (or car) is considered as moving motor powered vehicle that mainly use for transportation. Most of my resources about automobiles says, “Automobiles run primarily on roads, include one to eight passenger seating capacity, have four tires and as I said earlier, also use for mainly transport human rather than goods.
These cars came in to play during the 20th century and most countries build up there economy by depend on automobile industry.
What Was The First Ever Car?
Benz patent-motorwagon is the first ever car that made by German inventor “Karl Benz” in 1886. Also this is the birth year of modern motor car.
Over the decades, additional functions and features aded in to the motor vehicles, while making them much complex and also faster.
But with these additional features, it’s not complex to drive or passengers. So its more easier and reliable to operate.
Oldest Automobile Companies In The World
As we talked about oldest motor car in the world here are some oldest car brands and companies that are still in vehicle manufacturing industry today
- Peugeot (1810)
- Tatra (1850)
- Opel Automobile (1862)
- Mercedes-Benz (1883)
- LandRover (1896)
- Renault (1899)
What Is Not An Automobile?
You must know one thing, actually you can’t name every vehicle that has four wheels and carries people as an “Automobile” because there are some vehicles, so we can’t put into that category. Therefore here are few of them,
- An ambulances
- Police or Fire emergency-response vehicles
- Hearse in a functional business
- An aircrafts
Difference Between An Automobile And Motor Vehicle
First of all, The simple definition to vehicle is anything that moves you such as Aircrafts, Ships, Trains, Bicycle and even a Rollercoaster 🙂 are all vehicles and also, as we talked earlier an automobile is on only one of vehicle category, also It can describe as ,
All automobiles are vehicles,
but not all vehicles are automobiles
Types Of Automobiles
There are many types of automobiles, but that based on few elements. So let’s find out those elements each on by one.
Based on Load
- Heavy Transport Vehicle (HTV) or Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV)
- Lite Transport Vehicle (LTV) or Lite Motor Vehicle (LMV)
Based on Number Of Wheels
- Three wheeler
- Four wheel vehicle – e.g : Trucks
- Six wheel vehicles – e.g : Trucks , Buses
Based on Fuel Kind
- Petrol vehicle – e.g : Scooters
- Diesel vehicle – e.g : Vans
- Electric Vehicle – e.g : Electric cars
- Hybrid Vehicle – e.g : Hybrid cars
Based on Body Style
- Two door spots car
- Hatch back
- Pick-up truck
Based on Driving Axle
- Front wheel drive
- Rear wheel drive
- All wheel drive
Based on Driving Side
- Left-hand drive
- Right-hand drive
Based on Engine Position
- Front engine e.g : Most cars
- Rear engine e.g : Luxury motor coach
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Having An Automobile
Like wise owning an automobile (or car) is important thing in now a days, while it help to travel and transport.Also for older people who has difficulties,using a car is often the only option for their healthy lifestyle.
Advantages Of Having An Automobile
- Private cars are lot more comfortable than bicycle or a bus.
- Have more privacy to passengers.
- Also Easy to manage time, because it’s owner can decide the the time to move.
- Can avoid noise, such as dust and other environmental stuff
- Can schedule our time and destination.
Disadvantages Of Having An Automobile
- Because of its expensiveness, most people can’t afford it.
- Costs additional money to maintain and repair it. Also have to pay tax and renew license.
- Due to fossil fuel consumed car is contributing to rice of global warming and it’s affecting to the ozone layer.
- Also have to worry about safety of the vehicle and parking places.
In this post seems like, you’ve got a good knowledge about automobiles. Finally thank you for reading this and if you have any suggestions please comment below.